Nuance has come out with a free update to version 15.3 which offers a solution for several excruciating bugs in Dragon Professional Individual and Microsoft Office.
Why you need this update
These were the issues experienced many people running Dragon Professional Individual 15 in combination with Word and Outlook on Windows.
- It was impossible to correctly position the cursor by mouse in longer Word documents or Outlook messages. The cursor would land at a random position.
- Cursor jumping around when dictating in Microsoft Outlook and/or Word.
- Poor performance/slow performance in Microsoft Outlook and/or Word. Sometimes the application being ‘frozen’ or non-reponsive or even crashing.
- Loss of Full Text Control (FTC) when dictating in e-mail message. FTC is sometimes also called “Select-and-Say”.
Full Text Control is available when you see the green dot on the right side of the new Dragon bar or the green checkmark on the left side in the classic Dragon bar.
Does the update solve the problem?
Yes! I’ve installed the update and everything seems fine.
How do I get the update?
A simple click: GET THE UDATE NOW
Tips for installation
Restart your computer before executing the update. Make sure all applications are closed, especially Dragon and Office.
Then double click the downloaded update.
If you get an error that Dragon is active (even if you didn’t start it):
You may have to manually end Dragon background processes in the WIndows Task manager:
- Right click on the windows taskbar and click Task Manager. End all processes that start with Dragon. Don’t worry if the Dragon logging process immediately restarts. You can leave that.
Update 8 May 2018: If you experience any issues with the microphone not being recognised after installing 15.3, please read the comments below. Reader Mark kindly shared his solution when he ran into a problem with the Dragon update i.c.w. Windows update 1803.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to comment. And if this was helpful, please leave a comment too. Thanks!